* Les détails de cette offre ne sont disponibles qu'en anglais.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Fermentation Manager role and a great opportunity to join GB Ingredients, part of the Lallemand Group. The role will be based at Felixstowe and will report to the Plant Manager.
Do you have previous experience within the food/ brewery sectors? If so, we would love to hear from you!
This role has production management accountability for the upstream (molasses, ingredient and cleaning solution preparation, fermentation, yeast separation, yeast cream storage and tanker loading) areas. This includes the management of people, plant and processes to deliver the most effective customer service and safe, cost-effective operations.
Key responsibilities / accountabilities:
Quality, environment, safety, and health (QESH) advocate
- Ensuring compliance to all relevant QESH standards e.g., BRC, Halal, Kosher
- Proactive ownership of issues raised during, for example, audits of this area, proposing prompt solutions to the management team
- Follow-up of key records
People leadership and management
- The incumbent must demonstrate clear and responsible leadership to drive the best individual and team performance from their area of responsibility
- The role has 10 direct reports within the upstream shift operating team and up to 3 other reports in the day operation role
- The role holder will be a great people manager, setting clear, stretching and unambiguous performance standards for their area of responsibility that are aligned to the rest of the business and plant areas and coaching to achieve optimum performance
- The role holder must deliver (internal and external) customer requirements on time in full (OTIF) on a routine basis. This will involve excellent planning skills and the daily coordination of people, plant and work processes to produce this in the most cost-effective manner for the business.
- The role holder must devise, drive, communicate and measure appropriate key performance indicators (KPIs) for the area of responsibility. These will include overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), plus relevant production, quality, safety, and people performance indicators
- The role holder understands, analyses and tackles any known constraints within plant area using a structured approach e.g., Roots Cause Analysis
Maintenance activity co-ordination
- Liaises with Engineering, Downstream Manager, Day Production Coordinator and Operators to ensure production and maintenance plans are compatible, and up to date with plant changes
- Liaises with Production and Maintenance teams to ensure that plant is made available on time to meet agreed maintenance and production planning schedules
- Ensures that plant is isolated and available for maintenance in a safe and appropriate manner
- This role will also, when necessary, provide cover for Downstream Manager.
- Develops and uses standard operating procedures, operating instructions, safe systems of work and toolbox talks to deliver training depending on the situation and needs
- The role is part of the Operations Duty Manager roster
- Leads improvements in factory processes using appropriate improvement techniques e.g., root cause analysis
- Owns selected areas of GMP and housekeeping improvements, working within overall site uplift
- Contributes actively to plant housekeeping and GMP audit schedule
- Participate in maintaining continuous improvement tools/dashboards in his area
- Numerate – comfortable with data
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, and environmental processes
- Microbiological expertise and problem-solving ability
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise used for example in Beer or Milk industries
- Results focused “can do” attitude with an ability to prioritise effectively and remain focused on priorities
- Effective communication, influencing and presentation skills
Lallemand est une compagnie privée Canadienne fondée à la fin du 19ème siècle, qui développe, produit et met en marché des levures et des bactéries et d'autres ingrédients reliés aux micro-organismes ou à leurs marchés. La compagnie comprend 11 unités d'affaires, chacune axée sur des applications spécifiques des levures et bactéries et comptant des activités à travers le monde entier. Les bureaux administratifs de la société-mère sont situés à Montréal, Canada. Aujourd'hui, Lallemand emploie plus de 4500 personnes travaillant dans plus de 45 pays, sur les 5 continents.
Cette unité d'affaires offre des levures et des ingrédients de qualité supérieure aux boulangers d'Amérique du Nord, d'Europe, du Moyen-Orient et d'Afrique. Elle possède également une importante expertise en agents de conditionnement de pâtes à base d'enzymes.
Dans toutes ces régions, les équipes de Lallemand collaborent étroitement dans le but de fournir des produits et services innovateurs, soutenues par un important réseau d'experts techniques.
pour poser votre candidature